Monday, January 15, 2007

Uninvited passenger


Today I want to share with you a very strange little story which appeared in The Straits Times, the highly respected national paper. They have a regular section where they print small items sent in by readers, accompanied by a photo they send over their mobile phone. Left is the photo that appeared with the story, which I have nicked off the columns site (http://www.stomp.com.sg)

“Uninvited python-ger?
Look what the rains brought in – not just flash floods, as Mr Toh Kok Send discovered, but a 2m long python.
The 42 year-old lawyer was shocked when he got an afternoon call from the building management team at Capital Tower last Thursday, telling him the snake was coiled beneath his car.
Although no one actually saw the snake emerge from the car, the management was sure it came from within.
“They joked that the python could not have taken the lift up to the seventh story,” said Mr Toh.
Over the past few days, he had heard strange noises from inside the car, and even stopped once to check underneath, but found nothing.
“Now I wonder if I’ve been ferrying an additional passenger these few days,” he said.
The snake was handed over to a pest control company. It is quite common to find snakes in car engines, particularly during the rainy weather said Mr Felix Tan, director of pest control company Alliance Pest Management."

Ummmm….hang on. Did they say this kind of thing is common?? I can guarantee you that if I ever hear a strange noise coming from under my car, I won’t be the one sticking my head under there to see what’s going on!

No comments: