Monday, January 08, 2007

One down - one to go

Well here I am back behind the laptop, with one eye lasered. The procedure went very well and with the exceptional level of before and after treatment care I feel really pleased to be able to have had the procedure done by Jerry Tan. My eye is not painful at all, but the vision is still slightly blurry and will probably remain so for a few days until the cornea flap which is made so the laser can reshape the cornea, heals. I have to wear a plastic shield over my left eye while sleeping for a week to make sure I don't rub my eye during my sleep and put in eye drops, but that's a minor inconvenience. Despite the blurriness, I can already read the small text in the newsbar on the bottom of the BBC World News tv channel with my left eye, while I can hardly even see the bar with my right eye! So that'a already a big improvement, I can't wait to find out what the final result will be.
Tomorrow at 8.30 am I'm back at the clinic for a check up.
Dad and Maureen just jumped in a taxi to head off to the airport, so it's a quiet evening over here. It will be strange not to have any visitors in the house for a while. The next one is Christime (my sister) who will be celebrating her 40th over here next month. Party time!!!

No comments: