Things that are great about being back in Holland:
- Good wine for 5 euros a bottle - or less! (eat your hearts our, Singaporeans!)
- REAL Dutch cheese which doesn't costs Sing$60/kilo (yes that's 30 euros!)
- Ollie bollen, apple bignets, real bread (swoon!)
- Forests - the kind you can run through with the kids without having to battle undergrowth or worry about standing on a snake
- Other people's kids being as noisy and active as mine
Things I already miss about Singapore
- The weather: it's -10 degrees C tonite!!!
- Rice: instead of a choice of over 40 varieties and packet sizes at the supermarket, here you can choose from 5 varieties which have all been processed to death and are guaranteed to be totally sterile and not stick together...how are you supposed to eat that with chopsticks???
- Seafood so fresh it's practically flopping on your plate
- The swimming pool - the kids are bouncing off the walls already
- Our apartment...when did our house shrink? When did my kitchen become so small????