Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oom pah pah


This is a photo taken at the Octoberfest we went to last month showing me and a distinctly Asian looking fraulein. It's a cool photo for two reasons. Firstly, it was a great night out with good freinds, good food, and good beer (Erdinger), although my head was a bit sore the next day. White beer just doesn't agree with me unfortunately.

The second reason it's a cool pic is that it was taken on an iPhone. For those of you who have never had the chance to play with one of these amazing devices, you really don't know what you are missing. It's at the top of my wish list (and likely to remain there indefinitely considering the ridiculous price) not just for the sexy design but also for the incredible functionality of it. If you're looking at an image on the comparatively huge screen, and you tip the iPhone on its side, the picutre tips too so it's still upright! You can put two finger tips on the image and pull them apart and it causes the phone to zoom in. Drawing your fingers apart will zoom out again. Think how cool that would be if you were looking at a street map or a schematic diagram? It's made of course by Apple, the people who created the iPod, the ultimate toy without which my life would be devoid of meaning at least several times a day. (Follow this link to judge for yourself how attached I am to my iPod: http://thesingaporesling.blogspot.com/2006/10/finally-singapore-slinger-gets-it-on.html)

Hubby's colleague Phil had bought his a day before the Beerfest so I had ample opportunity to play around with it. I was showing all the functions to Holger ("look honey, isn't this amazing? And look! And look! And look! I've got to get one of these! How much was it? $1000? Wow that's a lot. Isn't this cool honey?")


Holger turned to Phil and said drily, "yeah, thanks Phil".


I guess I can't expect an iPhone in my Xmas stocking this year.

No comments: