Thursday, December 13, 2007

Heading South...

OK here's an update on my stunt-sons sword swallowing adventure (see yesterdays blog if you don't know what I'm talking about). So far Niels feels fine and is showing no ill effects of having swallowed the plastic sword. As far as we know, it hasn't passed through his system yet, 30 hours after being swallowed. He is however getting a lot of mileage out of the story AND he lost a tooth tonight so his bodily functions are a source of ever-increasing wonder to the little guy.
I took the kids to school this morning and explained discreetly to his teacher what had happened so that if he complained of pain she would contact me immediately. I didn't want to make a big deal of it in case he was embarressed. However during 'kring' (circle time) this morning as soon as class started he loudly declared: "Who can guess what's in my stomach? It's not food and it not drink!" Apparently his buddies were kept busy for ten minutes trying in vain to guess what the mystery object might be, and Niels eventually triumphantly had to put them out of their misery and tell them. One can only imagine the awe and wonder that passed through their six years old minds when they discovered that a genuine sword swallower was in their midst, cleverly disguised as an ordinary little boy.
The story soon spread and other Mum's were coming up to me and asking "did he really....??"
When I asked Niels how he even managed to swallow the thing his dead pan answer was "it just fell in my mouth". Duh.

No comments: