Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting It Together

I’ve had such an awesome day getting totally organised. This may not sound like a lot of fun to many but I HATE clutter, although my nearest and dearest will, I’m sure, be quick to point out that this doesn’t mean the place won’t descend into a state of near chaos before I’m moved to tidy up. However as we’ll be leaving Singapore in the not-too-distant future I’m going through the cupboards and tidying up/chucking away/re-homing stuff we don’t need.

A couple of days ago I found the PERFECT shop for anyone like me. Howards Storage World was mentioned in a magazine I read recently as having ideal storage ideas for hand bags. Well that got my bells ringing so off I trotted to Harbourfront, a hitherto unexplored shopping mall on the southern coast, near the Sentosa Gateway. This place has storage ideas for all those little bits and pieces we accumulate and desperately need but just can’t keep tidy. Think shoes, handbags, makeup, out of season clothes, books…and don’t even start me on the kitchen ware section.

Now I have a collection of handbags which, while modest in size to my way of thinking, threatens nevertheless to take over the entire wardrobe. The solution? This handy plastic double sided hanger which stores 14 handbags. And yes, I only needed one. The hanging shoe organisers next to it in the photo is actually from Ikea, although Howards sells a similar line.




On to the make up, which used to be stored in a wooden tray (also from Ikea) which was probably originally intended for cutlery. Now it’s all nestled comfortably in a compact acrylic tray, easy to find and on-hand when I need it.
By now you're all probably shaking your heads wondering how anal someone can be and still lead a normal life but hey, it works for me!



No comments: