Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy 2011!

You're probably sick of hearing it by now but I really mean it: I hope no-one I know has anything blight their year and that the next 12 months are a box of fluffies! Unfortunately that's pretty unlikely but fingers crossed.
The kids were back to school today, and as I was trying to swoosh them out the door on time Carl had his first little melt down of the year. I bought him some snow boots just before the Christmas holidays started and he's been proudly stomping around in them ever sinice. Problem is...they have laces. Kids these days just don't do laces. Shoes are velcro-strapped until they are at least 10 years old and somewhere along the way we'd forgotten to teach him how to lace his shoes.
Tears and frustration at not being able to tie a bow himself threatened to ruin his day. Fortunately he has another pair of boots (with velcro) which he could wear instead today...so tonight is lace-tying lesson time!!

No comments: