Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back In The Saddle Again

You may have been wondering where the hell I've been the past few weeks...but part of returning to Holland and starting up our 'normal' life again has included me going back to work. In an office. Behind a desk. With a computer that isn't beside a pool. What fun.

Actually it has been fun, I've really missed having colleagues to talk to and swapping jokes around the coffee machine. It's almost worth taking up smoking just to hang out with the group of regulars who huddle outside a few times a day and seem to be having a whale of a time. I've got my plant on my desk, my Cambodian silk hanging on the wall, and get to hang out with my bookclub all day, since almost all of them work here too! And would you believe it, I'm even going to get paid.

Also I've now got my own baby oops I mean magazine, which I haven't had since my brief stint as editor of Meat International a few years ago. I'm seriously considering putting Madam Editor on my business cards just to watch people's faces when they read it. For those who care, the magazine is Focus On Nuclear Power Generation, and isn't it kind of ironic that the new editor is the only person in the company who comes from New Zealand, the world's only official Nuclear Free Zone? Let's just say that I'm not expecting much fan mail from down that way. And no that's not my photo in the editorial section, that's my lovely boss.

Anyway, settling into the job, decorating my office, and figuring out which flavour of coffee contains the highest level of caffeine has all been extremely time consuming which is why I've neglected my blog. I will be more attentive in future, I promise. In the mean time if you're someone who does have time to kill, try clicking on the following link for a chuckle courtesy of YouTube. I've never had a flight attendent do for me what this guy does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivjybzdXVmI

No comments: