Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Waiting Game

...So we're all packed, ready to leave for the airport later this evening (late flight at 11pm). Just before we ducked out to Newton Circus for a last nosh of satay and fried rice, I had a feeling I ought to check our departure time in case anything has changed. I NEVER do this normally, in the past I've used the Changi airport site only for checking whether our visitors are arriving on time.
Shock horror, our flight has been moved from 10:55 pm to 04:50! That's tomorrow morning!
So now it's going to be either a very long sleepless night as I toss and turn stewing in fear that I sleep through the alarm at 2:30 am, or a very short night when I won't even bother going to bed.
Bugger bugger bugger. Dragging the kids out of their nests at 2:30 am isn't going to be much fun either.
However it all pans out you'll all get to hear about it later, when I log on in Holland from someone's computer. Either way you can be sure that my already lowly opinion of KLM is not going to be improved.

See you on the flip side. Jetlag, here we come.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

We got used to missing a night of sleep flying in and out of Samoa, you left at midnight or at 2-30am either way it was no sleep for the night!! No jetlag though as we were either 24 hours in front or behind depending on whether we were coming or going. I hope it wasnt too bad. Bye bye Joanne, Niels and Carl maybe one day we'll meet again.
Tanya