Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ssssshhhhhhhh! Don't Tell Anyone...



...but I've bought a new handbag. I can already hear hubby's groans of dismay ("what do you need another one for???") but hey, you can never have too many and it is, indirectly, his fault.

He asked me to post something for him so I had no choice but to go to Orchard Road. Anyone who has ever been to Orchard Road will understand; the gorgeous shop displays and twinkling lights are irresistible beacons, the gentle hiss of the automatic doors a siren call to enter the realm of air conditioned comfort, and it just seems so right that you should have a look around. Only looking of course. Just to be polite.

On the fringes of my mind I remembered that I do need new shoes so it was only logical to go to Isetan, one of my favourite department stores. The problem is I don't like shopping for shoes, hate the whole process of trying them on and picking the right colour, and to get to the shoes at Isetan you have to go past - or preferably through - the handbag department. SALE! SALE! SALE! the signs blinked, the post-Christmas purge is underway and all the more reason to slow your steps to get a closer look...it would be rude to rush afterall.

And there is was, a replacement for the black Elle handbag I bought last year which has literally fallen to pieces on me - honestly it's proof that it pays to buy decent brands. So Pierre Cardin was obviously a smart choice which would actually save money in the long run! Reduced from $249 to just $89 - eat your hearts out girls! This baby is mine.

If hubby complains I'll just point out how much money I actually saved by buying this bag. Now let's see how long it takes him to respond...I'll soon find out whether he actually ever reads my blog!

No comments: